Forward-thinking lead software engineer with over 5 years of experience designing and building large-scale distributed systems in dynamic environments. Focused on developing efficient and clear solutions. Led successful migration of Yandex.Eats' catalog and search page to microservices which provided 99,9% uptime and ability to serve 10x traffic from the main screen.
A program committee member of Highload++ - the largest (2000+ attendees) annual tech conference in Eastern Europe.
Lead Software Engineer
- Design, develop, and support high performance distributed system that serves Yandex.Eats' main screen.
- Lead and mentor an engineering team.
- Work closely with other engineering teams and stakeholders to collect requirements and describe technical designs.
- Define and prioritize projects and tasks.
- Review code and architecture of new services.
Stack: Go, PostgreSQL, Docker, Redis, Prometheus, Kafka-like event sourcing solution.
- Developed restaurant page, cart, and checkout page components of the web application.
- Designed and implemented reusable UI components.
- Reviewed code and provided helpful feedback.
- Updated, refactored, covered with unit tests, and wrote documentation for common payment page and notification service.
- Improved an internal toolchain.
- Created an automated system and toolchain to review and check API specifications which standardized the API change process. The system was used by all teams.
- Improved and documented company's API design guide.
Program Committee Member
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed, developed, and supported core services: license management system, reporting system, billing system, and web dashboard.
- Worked closely with stakeholders to translate requirements into tasks and projects.
- Mentored and managed junior web developers.
- Designed and implemented a single sign-on scheme and SDK for all company's services.
- Set up CI/CD pipelines for all front-end and back-end services, reducing time to build and release by 80%.
- License management system eliminated the routine with setting up new companies, issuing licenses, and permissions.
- Documented system design guidelines, code style guide, and API design guide.
- English (Professional working proficiency)
- Russian (Excellent, Native speaker)
- Distributed Systems
- Software Architecture
- Team Leadership
- Apache Kafka
- Software Engineering
- Unit Testing
- Computer Science
- Team Management